The following update was transmitted to us by International SOS
The novel Coronavirus situation is rapidly evolving. The virus, which originated in China, has been exported to a number of countries and travellers are highly impacted. With cases now reported in Europe, we understand your clients and network may have questions and require further insights into the developing situation, to understand the impact it may have on their business and their people.
Flights disruptions and travel restrictions are becoming more complex, as The World Health Organisation assesses the risk of the outbreak to be very high on a national, regional and international level.
This is a rapidly evolving situation. For practical solutions of how your members can stay up to date and make informed decisions, we recommend that they:
- Monitor the situation closely by using credible, business led information.
- Create or review current response plans, including ownership of responsibilities.
- Communicate with their employees and know their whereabouts.
- Ensure they know who to contact if they develop symptoms.
Watch the video here
with Regional Medical Director, Mark Parrish. He provides insights into:
- latest disease information
- the unknowns surrounding the outbreak
- how organisations and travellers can mitigate further risks