The Exchange on the state of risk management today was held in the auditorium of ING in Brussels. During this workshop the following topics were introduced:
- What does the management board need and expect from a Risk Management function?, by Cécile COUNE, CEO Aviabel.
- What does the Audit Committee need and expect from the Internal Audit function in terms of coverage of risk management?, by Josiane VAN WAESBERGHE, Head of Internal Audit, Federal Public Service Mobility and Transport
- The Implementation and Maturity of Risk Management Systems in Belgium, by Gaëtan LEFEVRE, Chairman
Belgian Risk Management Association (BELRIM)
- The State of Internal Audit Coverage of Risk Management in Belgium, by Jean-Michel CASSIERS, President of the Institute of Internal Auditors Belgium (IIABel) Board
Afterwards, a panel discussion followed where risk managers and internal auditors shared their vision and experience. The panel was moderated by Sabine DESANTOINE, Insurable Risk Manager, ING Belgium. The following panel members participated in the debate:
- Patrick CLAUDE, Corporate Risk Manager, ArcelorMittal
- Michel DENNERY, Deputy Chief Risk Officer, GDF Suez – Vice-President of FERMA
- Edmond BETTEX, Audit Manager, Belgacom Group
- Rudi HEX, Audit Program Manager, KBC Group – Past President, The Institute of Internal Auditors – Belgium
Finally, the conference was closed by a speech given by both Gaëtan LEFEVRE and Jean-Michel CASSIERS.
Slides are available here: Workshop The State of Risk Management Today - 24.01.2013.
Lee Coppack wrote an article on this workshop.